Friday, December 11, 2020

The colors of Christmas: red and green

 

Here goes with another post spun off of a question from Joyce at From This Side of the PondThis came from week before last's Hodgepodge questions: 

Besides Christmas, what do you associate the color red with? How about the color green? 

Well, for starters, how about leaves?  They come in shades of both red and green.  And there's always traffic lights.  They come in both colors too.

 I always associate red with Valentine's Day.  And strawberries, tomatoes, cherries.  Sunrises, sometimes.  I like all shades of red and I wear red quite a bit.

Green is probably my favorite color.  It comes in so many shades, from pistachio to olive.  I always associate green with late spring and early summer, when the leaves first begin to come out, and with glorious evergreens and holly in winter.  Green is also the color of growth, and spiritual growth is a passion of mine.

But I like both red and green even more at Christmas.  I've put together a few Christmas ephemera packs for my Etsy shop, and I did one each of red and green, as well as a mixed pack and a "blue Christmas" one.  All but the red one have sold.


What do you think?  Should I make more of these ephemera packs this season?  There are still so many items to list!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!