Sunday, December 20, 2020

Front-door wreath

 


Most readers know that I've had a grapevine wreath wound with ivy on our front door for a long, long time and just change it out seasonally.  A few years ago I added a little chalkboard to the center,  and change its message for various holidays.

Back in March, I changed the chalkboard message to  "Hope in God" and added some forsythia to the wreath.  In summer I kept the message the same and added some daisies and American flags; in fall, some red leaves and yellow mums in addition to the flags.  I've kept the same chalkboard message all of these months since it is really the most important message I can put there.

A few weeks ago I augmented the silk ivy with some pine and fir sprigs from around our yard.  I added some faux red berries and stuck in a couple of gold snowflakes, keeping some American flags in place as well.  It's a little quirky I guess, but a look I really like.

And "Hope in God" is still the message.  He is in control!

2 comments:

  1. Love your wreath! And the message it contains is definitely needed in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it surely is! I seriously can't think of any better message to greet those who come to our front door.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!