Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Nativity scene

 

 I finally managed to take a few pictures of this year's nativity scene.  Usually, I place this stable, handcrafted by my dad, on a low cedar chest in the living room.  This year, I placed it atop a recently acquired bookcase in a corner of the living room.

I like these figures, which belonged to my parents, much better than the ones we used for years.  I especially like the shepherd boy holding the lamb on his shoulders.

There isn't room for the wise men in this bookcase location, which is absolutely fine with me since they weren't at the manger anyway.

Some years ago I saw a wonderful idea from Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage -- or it may have been at her Christmas blog, Christmas Pudding -- to place a New Testament, open at Luke 2, in front of a nativity scene.  I think this is just a lovely, most meaningful idea, and I have done so myself ever since noticing it on one of Sandi's blogs.  

It's a joy to display this cherished heirloom every Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!