Tuesday, December 15, 2020

A timely quote for today


Back in 2014, when my granddaughter and I made our simple Christmas card banners,  some of the pennants were from the insides of Christmas cards.  We chose them according to how well they would fit our template, of course, but we also chose them according to the message they shared.  We tried to pick ones that were meaningful to us.

  I've shared about some of these before, but it's been awhile.  Yesterday I put these banners up, in preparation for a special breakfast with some of our grandchildren. The message on one particular card jumped out at me and begged to be shared:

"Let us have a little warmth
in the midst of winter ...
Let us have a little peace
amid the rush of daily life ...
Let us have a little comfort,
a  little beauty, a little wonder ...
Let us celebrate Christmas."
~ Ellen Brenneman

Isn't that beautiful?  I loved it when I first read it,  and I especially love it right now.  We need a little peace, a little comfort, a little beauty, a little wonder.  Regardless of the powers that be and the restrictions of the "pandemic", let us indeed celebrate Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make a banner like that for years and just haven't done it. Seeing yours displayed may be the motivation I need. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you do make one, Vicki! There is such satisfaction in making a project you've wanted to do for years.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!