Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May muffin recipe: Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins

 

 
 Readers may remember that I'm trying a new muffin recipe each month, with an eye to Christmas kitchen gifts.  For May, I decided that I would try these yummy-looking Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins from Like Mother Like Daughter.   Although our local strawberries won't be ripe until late June or early July, there are some decent California strawberries in the supermarkets right now.  And for making these muffins at Christmas time, I thought I could use whole frozen strawberries and chop them up.

These muffins use basic simple pantry ingredients that most of us would typically have on hand.  I like that they seem very easy to make, and a crumb topping on any muffin is always a bonus.

Sadly, I will not find time to actually bake these muffins in May.  Here we are on May 31, and I've not baked them yet.  I ran out of time to get to the supermarket with the best sale (2/$4).

Our May has been packed with busyness.  If we add up the days, we spent probably half of May helping out at The Wilds of New England in various ways.  My hubby has so many skills that can be used there.  I am much less skilled but have been able to clean bathrooms, wash windows, do a simple but time-consuming computer project, fold hundreds of camp T-shirts, and much more.  Just a simple pair of willing hands can be surprisingly helpful.

As I mentioned last time,  we got Mr. T's mother safely settled in long-term care in mid-April.  He was still heavily involved with paperwork well into May.  Then, in mid-May, after receiving a glowing report as to how well she was doing in rehab, she began to decline -- and passed away on May 23.  Now the busyness shifted to making funeral arrangements.  Thankfully the services will not be until later in June. 
 
All that to say, life has been just a bit too busy (and the weather has often been too hot) for me to bake these muffins as a try-out for kitchen gifts.  Hopefully in June I can take that time.  Our church had planned a ladies' brunch for May 28, but we have had so much flu going around that the decision was made to postpone until sometime in June.  I had thought to bake these muffins and take them to the brunch.  I think I will still do that, whenever we reschedule to.
I'll let you know how they come out.  Watch for a June muffin recipe, too, featuring blueberries!


3 comments:

  1. No matter the circumstances, it is always difficult to say goodbye. Of course, it is a temporary...a goodbye for now. Gentle hugs on the loss of Mr. T's mother.

    As for the muffins...some day soon, you'll be baking them up. I am actually going to do some baking later today because my doctor's appt is this afternoon and it's chilly today. Maybe, I'll pick up some strawberries! 🍓🍓🍓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mrs. T, I don't always read this blog, and so I missed the message about your MIL passing away and didn't know until I saw you mention it on the other blog. My heart goes out to you and your husband and family. And then also that your church wasn't able to have the May women's luncheon...I understand about making those difficult decisions to change things, but in these days of uncertainty about health issues, we are all more prone to err on the side of caution rather than take a chance of people getting sick. A wise decision. I hope your luncheon will be especially special when it does finally take place. I guess I need to add this blog to my regular reading list. For some reason I was thinking you only posted in this one around Christmas time. So I am missing out on some of your special posts. God bless you all and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincere condolences at the loss of your MIL. Praying for comfort for your husband and family. Those muffins are so pretty. Can you believe CIJ is less than a month away? I need to get going on planning posts and I'm hoping this will spur me to post more often in general. Life here has been...interesting? Overwhelming? Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!