Monday, July 28, 2014

Two more fun Christmas fabrics!

Snow Magic
 Today I'm going to share scans of two more of the Christmas fabrics I recently purchased.  One I got from Walmart,  primarily because it was a nifty small print with sort of a vintage look. 

With its unusual color palette of gold, brown and red, it will go with other, plainer fabrics in my stash.  The little motifs include deer, trees, sleighs, ornaments, candy canes and more.  I regret that I don't know the name of this fabric.

The other fabric was part of my recent purchase from Fabric.com to finish off my $125 gift certificate.  I could no longer find the fabric on their site, although they did offer a couple of other coordinating items.  But I did find it here: Snow Magic.

I love this scene!  To me, it really looks like Vermont.  For one thing, there are sugarhouses near a couple of the pictured homes, and backyard sugarhouses are pretty common in Vermont and New Hampshire.  The other thing that makes me think the artist was depicting a Vermont scene is the slantwise upstairs windows on a couple of the houses.  From what I understand, it was pretty common to place a window slantwise in a space where a window would not otherwise fit, in an upstairs room.  I imagine this is true, because a good many old houses in Vermont (and some in New Hampshire, Maine, and probably the other New England states as well) have these slantwise windows.  Good old Yankee ingenuity!

This is such a fun fabric although I have no idea yet what I will do with it.  Maybe just a simple table runner, to showcase the design.  We will see!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:21 PM

    Nice fabrics!

    I'm enjoying all your Christmas in July posts - thanks for keeping up with them.

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fabrics!! I like the idea of aprons, or even cute ruffles for the tree. What about special valances for the LR? CAn't wait to hear what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, ladies, for the kind and thoughtful words!

    Les -- I appreciate your encouragement so much. Without your cheering me on, I might not even have tried to do Christmas in July this year. So glad you urged me to do it.

    Terri -- Aprons and valances are both great ideas. Still not sure what I will do ... and maybe I won't even use them this year. I'll keep you posted when I do, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!