Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sing Out the Carols of Old

Vintage Christmas carol book from my personal collection
Here is another lovely Christmas poem by Mildred L. Jarrell.   Enjoy!

Sing Out the Carols of Old

Let us have music for Christmas ...
Sing out the carols of old,
Rejoice in the birth of the Christ Child,
The most wonderful story e'er told.

Sing with a heart filled with gladness
And love for the Heavenly King ...
Lift up your voice with song and praise
Until the rafters ring.

Let us have music for Christmas
In the glow of candlelight,
Mingled with snow and mistletoe
And shepherds that watch by night.

Sing of the star and wise men too,
And angels watching above ...
Bring once again to the homes of men
The gift of wondrous love.

Let us have music for Christmas ...
Sound the trumpet of joy and rebirth;
Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts,
To bring peace to men on earth.
~ Mildred L. Jarrell

I love that, especially the lines "Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts, to bring peace to men on earth."  Oh, how people need to know the peace of God today!  Let's purpose to share His incomparable peace with a song in our hearts!

1 comment:

  1. You may never see this comment, but if you do, will you please tell me where you found the above writing by Ms. Jarrell? I have searched and searched in an attempt to find more info on her and any other writings, to no avail.

    Thank you.
    GiGi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!