Thursday, July 10, 2014

Christmas Everywhere


I've always loved this little card from my collection of vintage Christmas cards.  I love the colorful bells, but especially the saying "Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas tonight!".  I didn't know it was a line from a poem by Phillips Brooks, until I came upon the poem, or part of the poem, in the book I described earlier, The Blessings of Christmas.  Here it is:

Christmas Everywhere

Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas tonight!
Christmas in lands of the fir tree and pine,
Christmas in lands of the palm tree and vine,
Christmas where snow peaks stand solemn and white,
Christmas where cornfields stand sunny and bright ...
Christmas where peace, like a dove in his flight,
Broods o'er brave men in the thick of the fight;
Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas tonight!
For the Christ-child who comes is the Master of all;
No Palace too great, no cottage too small.
 ~ Phillips Brooks


3 comments:

  1. I love anything vintage - especially Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies, for visiting my Christmas kitchen so faithfully for Christmas in July. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem and vintage card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!