Saturday, July 12, 2014

Christmas is Always


I'm not sure how to title this; it's not really an essay, but it's a little more than a simple quote, by Dale Evans Rogers.  I found it in The Blessings of Christmas, an Ideals type magazine I found while clearing out an attic.  Here is what Dale Evans Rogers wrote:

"Christmas was not just a starlit night in Bethlehem: it had been behind the stars forever.

"There was Christmas in the heart of God when He made the earth, and then gave it away -- to us.  When He sent us His prophets, that was Christmas too.  And it was the most magnificent Christmas of all, that night in Bethlehem when He gave us His own son.

"As Jesus grew up, Christmas was everywhere He went, giving food, giving sight, giving life.  For Christmas is giving.

"But Christmas is also receiving.  In the Bible it says: As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God.*

"As many as received Him!  When we understand that, we understand that receiving can be even more important than giving -- at Christmas!  When we receive Christ, we experience completely the gift that is Christmas.

"Then, for us, Christmas is truly always, for Jesus said, Lo, I am with you always** ... And Christmas is Jesus!" ~ Dale Evans Rogers

* John 1:12
** Matthew 28:20

2 comments:

  1. Great post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Vicki! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!