Thursday, July 03, 2014

Fun Christmas fabric!


This cute retro fabric, depicting a festively decorated street filled with Christmas shoppers, is called Merry Main Street and is by Alexander Henry Fabrics.    It looks to me just like magazine ads from the 1960s -- very colorful, "modern", and whimsical.  Notice how even though it is presumably December, all of the ladies and girls are wearing dresses!  It is just a fun fabric.

I always like to check out the remnants at Fashionable Fabrics because I can nearly always find some really nifty pieces of fabric at a small price.   This particular remnant is a long skinny piece of Merry Main Street fabric for which I paid $1.90!  I think it will work very well in mug mats and/or coasters for Christmas giving.  A small indulgence, buying this fabric, but I will have so much fun with it!

3 comments:

  1. That fabric is darling! You are right, it does look like from the 60's. Definitely! Glad you shared your source with us. I may have to check it out for my little seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric. I'm always looking around for some fabric to do some crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun? I'm dying to make something with it, but probably won't do so right away. I have so many ideas spinning around in my head but no time to try them out at the moment.

    If you check out Fashionable Fabrics, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! They have a great selection and I love the remnants.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!