Monday, July 21, 2014

Chocolate Dipped Lemon Spritz

Photo from Taste of Home
Even though I have many, many Christmas cookie recipes already (click the "cookies" link in the label cloud to see some of them!), I'm always on the lookout for some that are new and different.  When I saw this recipe for Chocolate Dipped Lemon Spritz, I was intrigued.

I already have a good lemon spritz recipe (here's the link for my recipe for Lemon Spritz) but this one sounds really, really good -- as Andy Griffith might have said, "Extra good!"  You press the dough into strips using the bar plate and cut it into squares, then dip the baked cookies diagonally into melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with lemon sugar.  If you have ever had, from a box of nice chocolates,  a dark chocolate with a lemon cream filling inside, you can imagine how good this flavor combination would be in a cookie.  The cookies are very attractive, as well.  I like the idea of the lemon sugar sprinkled on top.

 Pressed cookies are so quick and easy, producing loads of pretty cookies with very little effort.  In recent years, Mr. T has been the cookie baker in our Christmas kitchen, and has made simple multicolor spritz cookies.  But I am going to wrest the cookie press out of his hands to try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!