Friday, July 25, 2014

Rudolph Day for July

An illustration from Jolly Old Santa Claus, one of my favorite childhood books
 Yes, today is July 25 -- Rudolph Day for July!  For today, I thought I would share a quote.  This idea comes from Jennifer Acuff and was quoted in the "Country Woman Almanac" pages in the June/July 2009 issue of Country Woman magazine.  Here it is:

"Our family beats the summer heat by celebrating Christmas in July.  We stay inside all day watching our favorite holiday movies, making stocking stuffers, decking the halls and eating a Christmas dinner.  The festivities end with reading the Nativity story and munching homemade cookies."
-- Jennifer Acuff, Monterey, TN

Isn't that a neat idea?

My own Rudolph Day is going to include some errands and busyness, but I also hope to take some time to look over my Christmas notebook and do some planning and tweaking of my Christmas lists, simplifying them a bit.  Maybe I'll do a little online shopping for some necessary materials for handmade gifts.  We will see!

2 comments:

  1. HELLO!!!!

    Happy Rudolph Day to you!! I have been so busy lately that I have , unfortunately , not kept up with my Christmas Blog but hope to start to post on it more often......
    Hope all is well with you!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudolph Day greetings to you, Debbie!

    I hear you about being busy!!! My life has gotten very busy this summer with added care for my elderly dad. The only way I managed Christmas in July this year was to keep the posts very simple and to schedule them all ahead of time. Otherwise I could never have done it.

    Sadly, I've been too busy to read others' Christmas blogs very much ... but hopefully I can catch up before long!

    God bless,
    Mrs. T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!