Thursday, July 17, 2014

Christmas poem: "I'm Thankful"


Vintage card from my collection
Here is another lovely poem from The Blessings of Christmas, which I found in the attic I've been clearing out.  Enjoy!

I'm Thankful

I'm thankful for intangible things
    Like faith, and hope and love --
These things that fill our life with joy
    Are blessings from above.

I'm thankful for faith, the bulwark of
    My very heart and soul --
Faith in God and those I love,
    And hope as my highest goal.

I'm grateful for love of friend and kin,
    For all those I hold dear,
For courage and strength they share with me,
    Along with bits of cheer.

I'm thankful on this Christmas Day
    For spiritual help through prayer;
Intangible though these things may be
    I find them everywhere!
~ Georgia B. Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!