Sunday, July 27, 2014

One more Christmas poem


This tiny card is from my personal collection.
Here is another Christmas poem from The Blessings of Christmas, one of my attic finds.  This is a lovely poem by Georgia B. Adams which could be a heartfelt prayer for our friends, rather than merely a wish. 

                   Peace

What do I wish you this Christmas?
    Above all, I wish you peace ...
A peace of heart and soul and mind
    That will with each day increase.

I wish you a tranquil spirit,
    Trusting in God above,
The joy of knowing His presence
   And deep abiding love.

I wish you a calm composure,
    Peace of mind unsurpassed;
I wish you faithful friendships -- 
    That will forever last.

What do I wish you for Christmas?
    Peace may you find alway;
May this be the gift that fills your life,
    On Christmas and every day.
~ Georgia B. Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!