Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Christmas crafting timeline


Finally I have some progress to report on my Christmas crafting timeline. Last week I sat down and figured out just what I want to finish making for handcrafted gifts, and how much time I theoretically have left to work on them. I would like to have all of the handmade gifts finished by November 30, except for certain food gifts which may need to be done closer to the time. I would then have December to do fun crafting like ornaments and decorations.

So I divided the remaining time into 15-day increments, with "due dates" of September 30, October 15, October 30, November 15, and November 30. Then I divided up my projects, making most of the quicker, easier ones due sooner, and the long-term ones (which are already in progress) due near the end. Life is hugely stressful right now and I really have no idea how much, if any, crafting I will actually be able to accomplish. But I felt I needed to have a plan in place.

Last night I was able to cross one project off my list, this cross-stitched Christmas hand towel.

I am thrilled to have something else completed!

This morning I got out a couple of the kits for other items on my list and began getting my materials organized for those projects. It's good to see even a little progress.

4 comments:

  1. This towel turned out so beautiful! I am working in some little towels now using "yoyo" piecing. Hope they come out OK.

    See ya tonight!

    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thoughtful comment! I will be looking forward to seeing your yoyo embellished towels. What a great idea!

    I have actually finished several more handmade gifts, but not posting them here in case the recipients might see them. I have them in Photobucket if you're interested.

    See you soon,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought that I would visit your Christmas blog today since we are really starting to countdown!! Thanks for stopping by!!


    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leann,

    Thanks for stopping by my Christmas kitchen! I just put up three new posts and am hoping to post here much more regularly now that we are really in the holiday countdown.

    Stop by anytime to see what might be cooking in the Christmas kitchen!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!