Saturday, November 02, 2013

Gearing up for Christmas crafting

Some previous Christmas crafting -- tea wallet

Inside of tea wallet
Yes, the final fall birthday gifts are made and sent to their recipients.  Now it's time to clear the decks and prepare for Christmas crafting.  I'm not making any huge gifts this year (well, one is sort of big, but I haven't bought the materials for that yet) but mostly smaller, simple things that use a yard of fabric or less.

Last Sunday we made a quick run to our nearest Jo-Ann Fabrics for felt squares in hard-to-find colors.  This morning, Mr. T had to go to Lowe's so he left me off at the Walmart in that town, which still has fabric, and I bought fabric for four of my handcrafted gifts.  Now it's all washed, dried,  and ready to go.  It feels great to be ready to start. 

I've actually completed one gift prior to this, with another one nearly finished.  And I've started on a small order of felt food which was "commissioned" as a Christmas gift for a friend's little girl.

Now that my fabrics are ready, I need to pick another project to start for when the felt food is completed.  My goal is to have completed all of the handmade gifts by early December ... and for once, it might actually happen!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I just finished gluing little ribbon pockets in my Christmas cards to add a teabag and a Christmas poem to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luludou!!

    So nice to see you here again. I think your idea of the little ribbon pockets in Christmas cards is a great one.

    If you are interested in making one of the tea wallets shown in this post, I tried to put a link here but for whatever reason it isn't working I think I will try and post this separately (even though it's in the archives) because these are such a great idea for stocking stuffers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!