Friday, July 03, 2015

Drawstring Gift Bags


Photo by Amy at Positively Splendid
I've been browsing through some of my emails and Pinterest pins to find some interesting and fun projects to share with you for Christmas in July.  I thought this one, which I found at Skip to My Lou, looked like a good project to work on in July: Drawstring Gift Bags.  The tutorial is by Amy of Positively Splendid.  By the time you are ready to wrap your gifts, you could have a nice stack of these pretty gift bags all ready to go!

I love the idea of looking through my fabric stash to find prints to sew up into these nifty bags.  And then looking through my stash of ribbons and trims ... what fun on a summer day to sew some of these up in front of an open window.  Think I'll be trying this!  How about you?

7 comments:

  1. What a great way to use leftover fabric! Thanks for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and now is the perfect time to sew up a stash of bags for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lana and Vicki! I really want to make some of these but will have to wait until a less busy time. We have a houseful of visiting family right now and understandably want to spend our time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:35 PM

    These are cute - and very 'green'.

    Enjoying your Christmas in July posts!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl after my heart! I want to make 25 of these this year and use it as an advent calendar as I find the pockets of my current advent calendar too small... and mom wants that calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings, Pamela, Luludou and Les! Glad you liked the idea, and I hope you will all have fun sewing up a few of these bags!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!