Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A dish towel gift idea



Recently I made another set of those fabric-trimmed dish towels for a gift. I decided to post about it here, because of the "gift packaging" I did with these.

If you wish to see other sets of them, check my regular blog, Across My Kitchen Table . I have made several different sets of these towels, which are so quick and easy!

I found the pattern at Sew4Home , which is a new favorite site of mine. Sign up for their emails and see what's new each week. They have some fabulous projects with very clear instructions.

For the towel part I used Bistro Towels, which have a sort of birds-eye weave on one side and terry on the other. I found these towels on clearance (a set of 3 for $3) at Wal Mart.

This gift was for a dear friend of mine. With her youngest child graduating from high school this year, she has completed over 2 decades of home schooling. I thought it deserved a little remembrance, but wanted it to be a useful gift. I remembered I had in my stash a scrap of school-themed fabric. As it turned out, there was plenty to make 2 of these dish towels. For the narrow trim I used some scraps of Mary Engelbreit cherry fabric from my stash.

I decided to add a seed stitch dishcloth to the gift, since I had one on hand. (Incidentally, the pattern didn't call for an edging, but I decided to add one by simply single crocheting around all four edges.)

I packaged the items for gift giving by tying some pretty sheer ribbon around the stack of towels and dishcloth.

I think my friend enjoyed the packaging as much as she did the gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!