Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Fabulous Eggnog Recipe


EFFORTLESS EGGNOG

1/2 gallon cold milk, divided use
1 pkg. (3.4 ounces) French vanilla instant pudding mix (vanilla will work)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

In a large bowl, whisk 3/4 cup milk with the pudding mix until smooth. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, and spices. Stir in the remaining milk. Refrigerate until serving, and be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.

Yield: 2 quarts

I first tried this wonderful recipe from Taste of Home magazine at Christmas 2005. It is so easy, and there’s none of the worry or mess of using raw eggs. This is delicious! Most people tell me that if I hadn’t revealed the secret of the instant pudding mix, they would never know this wasn’t “real” eggnog!

2 comments:

  1. I have a recipe similar to this (also from Taste of Home!) for a sugar-free nog. I make it every Christmas for myself, as I'm the diabetic and the only one who likes eggnog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!

    Yes, my recipe says it can be made with the sugar-free pudding too. I've also seen a similar recipe in a Gooseberry Patch book. Very tasty!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week with your company!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!