Saturday, July 30, 2011

Christmas tea wallet

One Christmas my daughter Carrie made me a lovely little tea wallet.

I have enjoyed it so much. One day I was looking at it and thought that a pretty Christmas tea wallet could be made using green felt and making the little birdie red. So I tried out this idea for my Christmas in July gifts for my swap partner. Here's the outside:

And the inside:
I thought the sort of retro green would make a nice contrast for the inside pockets.

The red bird came out quite cute. It's amazing how different the project looks using different colors of felt! Wouldn't a fall one be cute? You could add a few colored leaves to the branch.

Here is the link to the pattern if others are interested!
Little Birdie Tea Wallet
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!