Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rudolph weekend for May!

(From my collection of vintage cards)
 Yes, I had a sort of Rudolph Weekend rather that just a Rudolph Day on Friday, May 25.  Over at my favorite Christmas craft forum, when my friend Fuchsia set up the weekly crafting challenge on Saturday morning, she made a suggestion that if we hadn't had time to do much on Rudy Day, we might make it a Rudy Weekend (it happened to be a long weekend here in the US, too!).  I decided to take her suggestion, since the only Christmasy thing I did on Friday was to sip some cranberry pomegranate green tea.  This at least had a festive flavor and color!

So between Saturday and Sunday, mostly on Saturday, I managed a few Christmasy tasks.  One was to go over my Christmas list and add in a few items I've thought of for various people.  That felt good and showed me who I still need to find ideas for.  I also worked on crafting some felt strawberries -- in bright red with green hulls and white seeds, they had a festive look and -- although these particular berries are for someone else -- I plan to make some for my grandkids for Christmas, so this can be a sort of trial run for that.  Lastly, as I looked through my Christmas notebook, I found a note to myself about a particular cross-stitched item I wanted to make for someone.  It requires buying a back issue of a magazine and also purchasing a specialty item for finishing.  I've wanted to make this gift for several years now, but just haven't gotten around to sending away for those important components (mostly because of high shipping costs).  I decided to just bite the bullet and order those things and have it done.  Now I'm excited about beginning the project!

So that was my Rudy Weekend.  Not highly productive, but I'm pleased with what I did accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!