Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Quick cookie mix -- a recipe to try for next Christmas!


Photo from Taste of Home
I was browsing through a Country Woman Christmas issue from a couple of years ago and came upon this Quick Cookie Mix to keep in the fridge for Christmas baking.  Four different cookies can be made from one mix: Peanut Blossoms, Toffee Triangles, Apricot Thumbprints, and Butter Almond cookies.  Such mixes seldom tempt me, but I am seriously thinking of trying this one soon, for a couple of reasons.


 For one, these cookies are all somewhat distinctive.  You could never tell they all came from the same basic mix.  For another thing, other than the red and green sugar on the peanut blossom variation, these cookies are not overly Christmasy at all, but merely festive.  They would be good anytime one had to make a lot of pretty cookies rather quickly.  For yet another, the mix does not use shortening as many cookie mixes do, but uses real butter.  Much nicer, more flavorful, and better for you.  I think that the next time I need cookies for an occasion, I'll give this mix a try!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy, buttery cookies - they all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do, don't they, Pamela? I will be trying this recipe for sure!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea! I'm eager to see what you think when you make them. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure and post about the results when I try the recipe, Vicki. Maybe in a week or two.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:59 PM

    They look good - and now I'm suddenly craving an almond butter cookie . . .

    Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, those almond butter cookies look unusual and very good, don't they? Thanks for stopping by, Les!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!