Saturday, November 10, 2018

Brushing away the cobwebs from the kitchen door


Oh my, is this ever sad!  Two whole months have elapsed and I have not set foot in my Christmas kitchen!  I do apologize to any who may have still been checking in here.  Even our Christmas Club hasn't been happening, or I would have blogged about it.  I'm thinking (and hoping) we'll probably meet in November, though.

Things have been happening on the Christmas planning front, though.  For the first time in a couple of years, I'm thinking I can make a few small handmade gifts.  Crocheted scarves for the three youngest in Nevada, aprons for the three older ones (who have outgrown theirs) and maybe a couple of little things for my daughters.  And of course, a few food gifts.

Of course, I still have Mr. T's "December 1st deadline" to keep in mind, and I think it's a good one.  It really helps me enjoy December and also frees me up to post here each day that month, which is something I truly enjoy and wouldn't want to miss.

Look for me to be back soon with my tentative Christmas baking list for 2018!

6 comments:

  1. No need for apologies... Looking forward to whatever you will share. Are you saying that Mr. T wants you to be all ready for Christmas by December 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to your visits here in my Christmas kitchen, Vee!

    No, he doesn't want me to be ALL ready for Christmas by December 1. I can take all kinds of time (within reason!) for baking, decorating, etc. He thinks it's better for my sanity -- and his too, no doubt) if I complete any handmade gifts by December 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time has a way of slipping by and life has a way of happening! It's good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be here, Vicki!

      Delete
  4. I brought out my Gooseberry patch books this weekend too! Great to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Gooseberry Patch books are so wonderful for getting into the Christmas spirit!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!