Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Lovely Christmas stamps


 It may sound strange, but even as a believer in Jesus I tend to shy away from traditional "religious" Christmas stamps.  I think they are often not very attractive.  I am much more drawn to stamps like those above featuring winter birds.  I like the idea of stamps featuring the Madonna and child, but the reality is that the ones I have seen I really didn't like very much.

The ones currently available, however, are different.  I love these and will very likely order some.

Here is a closeup:

Here is a screenshot of the description from the USPS website:

It's good to know the names of the artists who worked on this stamp,  I really like how Mary looks like the teenage girl she was and that she has no unnecessary halo.  This portrait seems light-filled rather than the darker look of many of the "religious" Christmas stamps.  It's just a very lovely stamp.

What kind of Christmas stamps do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!