Saturday, July 13, 2019

An idea for a kitchen gift: Easy Salted Caramel Fudge


Photo from Something Swanky
Here's an easy fudge recipe to try out on your family now.  If they like it, you can file this one away for making kitchen gifts come December.  It's Easy Salted Caramel Fudge from Ashton at Something Swanky.  Summer vacation, when many have kids or grandkids around to help enjoy sweet treats, might be the perfect time to try this out.  Older kids could even try making the recipe!

This is indeed easy -- it's similar to many recipes you may have seen that call for  chocolate chips plus sweetened condensed milk.  This one uses dulce de leche in place of the sweetened condensed milk, and uses white chocolate chips.  Dark or milk chocolate chips are melted and spread on top, then a sprinkle of sea salt is added.

I'm definitely trying this one out.  What about you?

10 comments:

  1. I added your Christmas blog to my blog roll finally. Now, I can remember to go to it. I need to find time to go back. That Advent calendar has caught my eye. I need to think about doing one of those for Tucker. Of course, I have time ...he won't know for awhile what it all means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, I'm glad you added my Christmas Kitchen to your blog roll. Maybe others will find it that way also!

      Isn't that Advent calendar pretty? You're right -- you do have time because Tucker is still so young, but time absolutely does fly and he will be a toddler before you know it. Not to discourage you, because I know you are loving it at this stage, but reality is time passes so very quickly.

      Delete
  2. Sounds Good. Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Looking forward to trying it!

      Delete
  4. looks good! would be different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always game to try something new and different in the fudge department!

      Delete
  5. I saw Sea Salt and Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies in the vending machine at work the other day. I had to walk away very quickly because I'm trying to lose a few pounds but I'm going to try this fudge. My family loves fudge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local ice cream shop has homemade ice cream and their Sea Salt Caramel is amazing. They have recently come out with a new flavor -- Sea Salt Caramel Oreo. I have yet to try it as it's always sold out!

      Have fun with the fudge recipe!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!