Wednesday, July 31, 2019

First things first ... taking time to think about Christmas 2019


As we finish off Christmas in July, it seems the perfect time to make some plans as to how we want things to look come December 1.  I found a great resource and some wonderful encouragement and inspiration for putting First Things First.    This is from Melissa at The Inspired Room

I've done similar exercises before, but I have never started so early.  Here's what Melissa wrote that really energized me:
From Melissa at The Inspired Room
So I think that, this very afternoon, I will sit down with paper and pen and do this exercise.  Question 2 in particular should be incredibly helpful for me.

This is actually the first of a series of posts that Melissa wrote titled Love the Home You Have: Simply Inspired Holidays.  You can access the entire series of posts -- I think there are around fifteen of them -- from this link.  You may have to scroll down a bit to see the list, but it is there and includes such things as "Puttering and Decluttering", "Finding Childhood Wonder", and "Inspiration for Opening Your Home."  You will want to take a look at these!  I think I will spend some time in August browsing through this series. 

What about you?  Ready to get inspired and begin planning?  Let's do this!

2 comments:

  1. What a great resource, thank you for sharing it. I'm always on the lookout for new ways to think about the holidays. I've enjoyed your posts this year, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, have added it to my favorites. I agree, I have to go through the house and get rid of things so that Christmas will look more like I want it to look. Thanks for your CIJ posts this year, loved following you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!