Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Muffin recipe for July: Ginger-Peach Streusel Muffins

 

Photo from Pixabay
 Time for this month's muffin recipe!  I found the recipe for Ginger-Peach Streusel Muffins in a free issue of Real Simple magazine that showed up in my mailbox.  And right about now, fresh peaches are becoming available in supermarkets.  We had some really good Eastern peaches a couple of weeks ago.  They didn't look like much, but we placed them in a paper bag on the counter (as my walking partner suggested) and they ripened perfectly in a few days.

This muffin recipe looks really good.  A streusel topping is always a plus on any muffin, in my book.  I haven't tried the recipe yet, but hope to do so on the next cool day.  I don't have any crystallized ginger on hand, but the recipe in the magazine said that could be left out if none was available.  Both muffin and topping have ground ginger in them, so there should be a nice touch of ginger even without using the chopped, crystallized variety.

Screenshot from Real Simple
The recipe also specifies that frozen peaches, thawed, can be used instead of fresh peaches in these muffins.  That means that these could work as a Christmas kitchen gift if they should happen to win the title of best muffin.  We will see!

4 comments:

  1. Those sure sound good. I wonder how they would do with canned peaches. Just a thought, although I know the fresh or frozen would be better flavor. I love fresh muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having trouble even imagining such a unique creation. I often keep fresh ginger because it is so helpful for tummy upsets and boosts immunity not to mention that it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!