Friday, January 07, 2022

The actual 2021 candy list

 

Every year I publish a tentative list for cookies, one for kitchen gifts, and one for candy making.  If I think of it, I usually go back in January and do a reality check, noting how close I came to that tentative list.  Sometimes I end up making nearly everything on the list.  Other times, what we actually make varies wildly from the original list.  That's what happened with this year's candy list.

Of the candies on this list, we actually made only three varieties this year: Heavenly Delight, Holiday Special Fudge and the Chocolate Dipped Orange Slice candy.  Mr. T made at least 6 batches of Heavenly Delight!

Then we made some candies that weren't on the list: Salted Caramel Fudge -- aka Tasty Disaster Fudge (2 batches), -- Rocky Road Fudge, Creamsicle Fudge, and Candy Cane Fudge.  

I had placed Salted Caramel Fudge on a mental list, 


and Mr. T had Creamsicle Fudge on his mental list.


So as you see, our actual candy list for 2021 did indeed vary quite a bit from my original tentative list.  

 


This important info will now go into the Christmas notebook for next year!

3 comments:

  1. Your actual list looks great. Do you ever find that no matter what you do, it is way too much? That is what Laurel tells me and every year I cut back and, yet, too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candy sounds wonderful! Creamsicle fudge sounds and looks incredible! I usually only make plain chocolate fudge. It is always a treat to have something homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm most intrigued by the Creamsicle fudge, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!