Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Christmas Hutch

Here's a photo of my new-to-me hutch all decorated for Christmas! This was how my hutch looked for most of the Christmas season. (If you want a closer look, you probably know that just by double-clicking on the photo you can bring up a much larger version of it.) 

On the bottom shelf is a manger scene with the wooden stable made by my dad. I am so excited to have a nice place to display this! The figures are nothing special, and I hope at some point to replace them with some a bit nicer. 

On the second shelf I have displayed 3 of my Gooseberry Patch Christmas-themed books. I don't own all of these, but I do have quite a few. (I've gotten several of them for free because a craft or recipe of mine was published in them! Fun!) Also on this shelf is a sparkly bottle-brush tree, a plastic reindeer, a cute little papier-mache snowman container, and a sprig of fir from our Christmas tree. Lying in front of the center book is a little painted metal sign reading "Joy to the World." 

 On the third shelf, on the left are 3 little glittery cardboard houses (I love these things!) and a bottle brush tree. In the middle is a cross-stitch Christmas picture I made, and to the right are 2 plastic reindeer and a plastic Santa/sleigh (1950s vintage), partially out of sight. Also out of sight is a sprig of silk holly with a vintage-y red bow. The black objects are lumps of coal with snowmen painted on them. (My hubby put those in my Christmas stocking!) 

On the top shelf are 2 cute snowpeople given me by a friend, and in the center is a lovely cross-stitch made by the same friend. It's Proverbs 31:31, and will probably stay in that place year-round. We had to take it off the wall to make room for the hutch. At each end of this shelf is a little teddy bear, one with a song book and one holding a musical note. We've had these for years and I always like to put them some place in my Christmas decorating. 

So that is this year's Christmas decor for the hutch. I had so much fun putting it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!