Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November muffin recipe: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

 

 I've been racking my brain and searching my Pinterest boards for a suitable muffin recipe for November.  Now I'm down to the wire! I've already used apples, pumpkin, and cranberry recipes galore -- all the fall flavors.  So these chocolate chip oatmeal muffins (with a coffee glaze) from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life look really yummy and don't call for any unusual ingredients.

Well, maybe toffee baking bits would be unusual to some people, but I nearly always have them on hand.  Even the coffee glaze uses just a couple teaspoons of leftover coffee.

An interesting feature of this recipe is the Cake Spice -- a dry spice mixture which Jocelyn makes and keeps on hand in a jar to use in baking.  It seems like it might give a warm fall and winter flavor to these muffins.

These muffins would make a nice kitchen gift.  The coffee glaze and the sprinkle of chocolate mini chips (alternatively, I think chocolate jimmies would also work well) make them a little bit fancy.

I've learned that I can trust Jocelyn's recipes.  She is an amazing and prolific baker who has never steered me wrong yet.

Photo from Inside BruCrew Life

I just may try these for some of the kitchen gift recipients on my Christmas list!

4 comments:

  1. Well it sure is pretty! And it sounds unusual enough to make me want to try it and "common" enough to make it sound safe. ☺️ Oh to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and a muffin this chilly rainy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wouldn't that be nice? Wish we could enjoy coffee and a muffin together, Vee! I think I will try making some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly do sound interesting!! I'm not a big chocolate chip fan for muffins, I'm afraid. But with the added spices, etc., they might be really tasty. I made my usual Blueberry Bran muffins this morning for breakfast. They hit the spot. I guess I need to branch out and try something new! LOL. Let us know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!