Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies


Today in the Christmas kitchen, I'd like to share a recipe I adapted from the December 2006 issue of my favorite cooking newsletter, Cook & Tell. This recipe has become a "must-make" for Christmas every year.

RASPBERRY ALMOND THUMBPRINTS

2/3 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam

Glaze:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1-1/2 tsp. almond extract
2-3 tsp. water

In large bowl, cream together sugar, softened butter, and 1/2 tsp. extract. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add flour until well mixed.

Heat oven to 350º. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Make an indentation in each cookie with your thumb; fill indentation with jam.

Bake at 350º for about 15 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheets for about 1 minute before removing to rack.

Let cookies cool on wire racks. I like to place waxed paper under the cooling racks before glazing the cookies.

Stir together the glaze ingredients, using only enough of the water to make a good glazing consistency. Drizzle glaze over cookies. Let set completely before storing or stacking cookies.

Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!