Friday, December 17, 2010

Cranberry Pistachio Bark


This candy recipe has been on my want-to-try list for Christmas goodies for several years now. I finally got around to trying it yesterday. I recommend it!

One thing I did differently was to use dark chocolate almond bark (candy coating) in place of the semisweet chocolate chips. I'm sure the semisweet would have been better, but the almond bark worked just fine and was easy to melt in the microwave. Given some of my disasters in the kitchen lately, I didn't want to take a chance on messing up the melting of the chocolate chips. I already had the coating on hand, and melting it is pretty much foolproof.

So take your choice -- chocolate chips or chocolate coating. Either way, I predict this candy will be a success with your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!