Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Christmas tea towel


I made this for my friend Fuchsia for the Christmas in July swap.  It's from the Twelve Days of Christmas pattern set from Crabapple Hill Studio.  Since I was making only one tea towel, I opted to omit the number from the pattern (the numbers one through twelve are part of the designs).  I had neglected to take photos, so Fuchsia kindly took some for me.

Here is a closer look at the stitching.  The design was easy and fun to stitch. 

Directions for the scalloped fabric border are also included with the pattern.  This is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned, as I've been wanting to learn to make this type of border for a tea towel for a long time.  You can't really see it, but I imagine you can if you click on the picture at top -- the edging fabric has a muted design of evergreen sprigs, so it's perfect with the spriggy garland behind the Christmas cookies in the embroidered design.


Earlier in the year, I used the vintage camper design from Sublime Stitching's Camp Out! set to make more of these scallop-edged towels.  I thought you might like to see those too, so here they are in two different color combinations:
Blue camper with green edging
Red camper with aqua edging

What a fun pattern this is.  Check out Crabapple Hill Studio if you like to embroider.  You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!