Saturday, March 29, 2014

A nice kitchen gift -- homemade Butterfinger®-type candy bars


Photo by Taste of Home
I spotted this candy recipe -- Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bars -- in a Taste of Home December/January issue quite a few years ago.  To me, the recipe sounds as if the candy would taste quite a bit like Butterfinger® candy bars.

I hope to try it sometime soon.  Candy thermometers always intimidate me a bit, but this recipe sounds so good that I just have to try.  Maybe you'd like to give this candy a try also.  There's always room for another recipe in one's kitchen gift repertoire, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. Candy thermometers intimidate me too but I would love to receive some of these as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give this a try, probably well before Christmas so I won't be counting on them for gifts (in case they don't turn out well). I'll brave using the candy thermometer for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!