Monday, November 03, 2014

Getting serious about Christmas crafting


From my collection of vintage Christmas art
How can it possibly be November already?  This just can't be!  But it is, and now it's time to get serious about Christmas crafting.  Typically, I don't do a lot; never as much as I'd like to.  But I do like to make handmade gifts for the grandkids, something they can keep and one day say, "My Grammy made this for me."

This spring I came to the realization that, due to increased eldercare responsibilities, I needed to scale back on the handmade gifts.  I decided to do just one handcrafted item for each of the kids, something uncomplicated and simple but still special.   By midsummer I knew what the gifts would be, and in the fall I began ordering materials, taking advantage of sales.

So far I've finished three of the eleven gifts.  This week I'm hoping to crank out a few more.  I won't be able to post pictures until after Christmas, but I am getting serious about the crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!