Thursday, July 02, 2015

A fun Christmas poem -- "Holiday Cheer"

A vintage card from my collection
 I'm going to be sharing a few Christmas poems over the course of Christmas in July.  I found several in the November/December 1990 issue of Country Woman and enjoyed each one of them.  I thought my readers would, too!  The first one is "Holiday Cheer" and the poet is Ericka Northrop of Tuscon, Arizona.  Here it is:

Holiday Cheer

Christmas wrappings on the floor,
A choir of carolers at the door,
A tall and twinkling Christmas tree
Bedecked with lights for all to see,

Sparkling ornaments so jolly,
Fragrant pine and shiny holly,
Bells that ring out Christmas cheer
To guide us through the coming year.
~ Ericka Northrop

Hope you've enjoyed this festive little poem!

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely. I'm going to save it in my scrapbooking file so that it can adorn a Christmas page in one of my albums. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! I am glad you liked the poem! Pamela, what a great idea to use the poem in a scrapbook album!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!