Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A pretty vintage Christmas linen towel


Here is one of my recent linen closet finds!  I think it is so pretty.  The photo shows only one half of the towel -- I had it folded -- but the other side is exactly the same.

The large red poinsettias have green centers, and the pine cones are also red.  Coloring the pine cones red is a bit of artistic license, but they have an attractive vintage look.  A few Christmas baubles in red and silver are sprinkled into the arrangement, which is backed with sprigs of green fir.

All around the central design on each half of the towel there are pretty silver gray stars.

This linen towel is unusual, but I think it's lovely.  Hope you have enjoyed seeing it also!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas linen towel, I am always looking for linen towels! Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite distinctive and can be linked to a certain decade, I imagine. What decade would you guess or do you know? I’m guessing the 1960s. It is fun to see the changing fashions even in tea towels. 🌲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I spend hours scouring Goodwill, thrift shops, and estate sales looking for vintage towels, tablecloths, and aprons just like this one. You made an awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Would look lovely as part of a center piece on a table or even by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poinsettias everything is nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!