Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A little snow globe inspiration


 On Monday, it snowed steadily all afternoon and into the evening ... it felt a bit like living in a snow globe!  

 And also on Monday,  I came across a couple of fun snow globe ideas that I thought I'd share with all of you. 


 The above is a piece of 6" scrapbook paper from a set called Snow Globes.

I blogged about this set back in 2015 when I purchased it, as you will see if you click the link above.  Back in late November, I took some paper from this set and the other one I got at the same time, over to our camp for grandkids to craft with.  The other day, I was putting some things away and came upon the remaining papers from this set.  Oh, this one is so sweet!  It's really inspiring me to make some simple snow globes (minus the water) from jars,  just to use in winter decorating.

I did a bit of a search to see if I could find any of this paper still on Etsy or eBay, but struck out with that.  I did, however, find these adorable paper snowglobe kits:

 

They are out of stock, but maybe can still be found somewhere.  A kit makes 12.  They are so cute!

The same day, in sorting through some things I had saved for scrapbook journaling, I came upon this:

Oh, aren't those snow globe cookies the cutest?   This was from a King Arthur Flour catalog, but maybe not a very recent one, for I couldn't find them in the online store just now.

The closest I came was these Falling Snowflake cookie stamps.  

 

 
They are on clearance right now, $14.95 for a set of 3, which is still a little pricey for me. 

And all of this reminded me of these felt ornaments


which I've been wanting to make for years: Felt Snowglobe Ornaments.  Maybe this will be my year!

5 comments:

  1. I love snow globes! Very creative ideas. I could definitely do some of these with my grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like so much fun, don't they? One thing I love about snow globes is that they can be displayed all winter here in snow country.

      Delete
  2. I have a snow globe die. I would be happy to cut one out and stick it in the mail for you to use as a template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a snow globe die. I would be happy to cut one out and stick it in the mail for you to use as a template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, how generous!! Thank you! I would love it if you could do that!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!