Wednesday, February 07, 2024

A sweet handmade Christmas card

 


Here is a sweet handcrafted card I've saved from a few years ago, made by my Canadian friend Tania who is a crafter extraordinaire.  I just love it and have saved it not only because it's so creative but because of the heartfelt message inside.

It's so simple and if I can find a similar stamp, I just might make some for next year.  Tania started with plain white card stock and you can see she stamped this really fun saying on one side, and scalloped the edges of the card.  Next to the saying she placed a textured paper rectangle with rounded corners -- so nifty -- which resembles wood grain.  

Atop this is a piece of antique-looking cotton lace, a simple bow tied out of ordinary string, and a chipboard letter (in this case S, for the first letter of my first name).  She gilded the edges of the letter a little bit.

The finishing touch is a few sequins in complementary colors scattered about, and then of course a handwritten note inside the card.  Isn't it lovely?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it really is lovely, and especially so because it was made for you with love. I appreciate such talented and thoughtful people!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, one of my Facebook Friends and fellow Genealogists is also a professional artist. She sent me a Christmas card one year, that she hand-painted on to papyrus paper. I usually rid my cards, but I kept that one. I'll have to find it and upload it. It's too pretty to not to share.

      Delete
  2. Yes, when you think about all of the work that goes into handcrafted cards (especially a hand-painted one!) it really inspires you to share these treasures with others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!