Monday, February 26, 2024

A few more delightful thrift store finds

 

 It's a special blessing that our local thrift stores have sections specifically dedicated to Christmas and that they maintain these rooms/areas year round!  The Christmas ornament above is but one example.  I bought a package of four, I think, for only $2 or so.  They are truly lovely.

I got the snowflake plate with the plan of gifting it to one of our daughters -- it will be filled with one of her favorite Christmas cookies, Sacher Tortes.  She also loves snowflake themed items.
I can always use another pie plate and I love unusual, decorative ones.  I don't have any that are specifically Christmas themed.  This is pretty, and was only a few dollars!
This snowman shaped plate is fun.  I'll fill it with someone's favorite cookies or treats and it will become part of the gift.
And look at this pretty Christmas tree plate with the cabin scene and the falling snow!  I'll keep this one and use it to bring cookies or fudge to holiday gatherings.  There's a very small chip at top right, but the price was right so that doesn't bother me.

Hope this look at some of my finds has been inspiring for you!  Does your local thrift shop offer Christmas items all year round?

6 comments:

  1. You found some delightful items. I love the Christmas tree/cabin plate. Like you, small chips are not a big deal. It shows it was well loved. I am not sure about any of our thrift stores keeping Christmas items out year round. I don't shop in them often enough to know for sure. I usually am not looking for Christmas stuff throughout the year, but maybe I should if that is when you can find the best bargains. You found some fun stuff. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Pam! I loved that tree plate especially, but I was thrilled with everything I purchased. One of our thrift stores has a nifty little area with seasonal dishes, and I always make sure to check that out. The other, which is actually a second storefront for the same store (it has mostly outdoor gear, sporting goods, seasonal stuff, toys and books) has an entire section, several aisles, devoted to Christmas. I can nearly always find what I'm looking for there. The first store is more like a delightful surprise when one finds something truly special.

      Delete
  2. I'm LOVING the ornament. I wish my thrift stores had more Christmas stuff. They tend to have a lot of junk. What I do like to buy is bulk, random Christmas cards at the thrift store...the more mixed up the bundle of cards, the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ornament is beautiful, isn't it? It's not old; it was in "Holiday Time" packaging so obviously from Walmart. But so lovely!

      I tend to buy Christmas cards at the thrift store too. They work great for packaging cards I sell on Etsy.

      Delete
    2. I was in Vegas this past week and found 2 Vegas Santa ornaments (new). I HAD to have them. 😍 I thought I'd gift one to my mother-in-law at first but I want to keep both. 😂

      Delete
    3. It's always a treasure hunt, isn't it? Glad you found something special.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!