Wednesday, July 29, 2026

A few minutes in the Christmas room



Last Thursday we took a wonderful outing with friends -- a train ride along a lake shore where we met up with a cruise ship and took a lengthy cruise and narrated tour of Lake Winnipesaukee.  If you are interested in learning more, go here: Rail and Sail.

After disembarking, we wanted to go out for ice cream and decided to go to a reliable year-round favorite, Kellerhaus.  They make their own ice cream and candy and are absolutely worth a visit if you find yourself in New Hampshire's Lakes Region.

Long-time readers may recall that this is a favorite destination for some of our local grandchildren.  They enjoy looking at the toys and also the Christmas rooms and candy shop after we enjoy our ice cream sundaes each December.  A couple photos from previous visits are below.


Our friends had not visited the Christmas room when we brought them there before.  So this time, we all browsed the Christmas room, and I thought I would share a few photos with you all.

One corner in the Christmas room.

I especially liked the icy tree at left and the scalloped felt tree at top center.

An ornament bargain bin
These are jingle bell ornaments resembling snowmen and are personalized.  One would have to spend a long time searching for specific names.  They were only 50¢, so it might be worth it to take that time.


Part of the ornament wall


Christmas dishes and felt poinsettias

This platter and pitcher above may be my favorites of the Christmasy things we saw.

And that's how we happened to be in the Kellerhaus Christmas Room -- and some of the pretty things we saw there -- on July 23.  It seemed our visit needed to be documented here on my Christmas blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!