Sunday, July 26, 2026

Today's vintage Christmas card

 


Here is one last vintage Christmas card church for the last Sunday in July.  

The red border around this scene sets it off nicely, but I think I might have used a metallic gold.  The white church with its green doors stands sturdy and tall at sunset on a winter afternoon.  In December the sun sets around 4:30 here in New England, and I love the moody winter look of this scene as it is so true to my own experience.  The church is lighted in anticipation of folks who will enter.

Already a group is singing carols around the outdoor Christmas tree.  Others are on the way in a sleigh or on foot.  I imagine that more will join them and that then all of the congregants will go in for cookies and hot cocoa -- or maybe even a potluck supper.  

I love this nostalgic image and hope that my readers will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!