Friday, December 09, 2016

A sweet little mailbox card


If you have read here much at all, you know that I love Christmas cards featuring designs of mailboxes.  Recently I was going through a box of old, used Christmas cards and came upon this very small card with a mailbox design.  Another one for my collection!

I've often said that I don't know why these cards speak to me as they do.  The landscape on this one is very similar to where I grew up, and I love that the mailbox is mounted upon a tree stump or maybe even a fence post.  I guess the main appeal for me is of a more innocent time; that people would send gift-wrapped parcels through the mail and they would arrive safely; that springs of holly or evergreen would be tucked in with packages, so simple, yet such beautiful enhancements.

And now, back to my real-life Christmas kitchen where fudge-making and cookie-baking are about to commence!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you shared. I too love mailbox Christmas cards, and I would have to say it is exactly why you do. My parents still have this old type setting on the farm.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carla, that is so fun that we share a love for mailbox cards, and for exactly the same reasons. I am hopelessly nostalgic. How I would love to see the pendulum swing back again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!