Thursday, December 08, 2016

And a bit more progress


Today I received a gift order from an Etsy shop, with items for older granddaughters and a friend.  It was such fun to see the pretty packaging!

I also received confirmation that some of my Amazon and Thriftbooks orders have shipped.  Only a very small amount of gift buying left to do!

One of my daughters requested Quiet-Time Puzzle Kits for her five oldest kids.  I had made these years earlier for some of the grandkids and they were a hit.  She remembered those of her kids who had received these as really enjoying them, so asked if I could give those again.  I was happy to do so, as it's a very easy gift to put together.  I included the tag on that post linked above, so feel free to snag it if you'd like to make some puzzle kits yourself.
Here is a much younger Sam with his gift
So today I picked up a box of microwave popcorn when I grocery shopped.  I'd previously picked up some hot cocoa packets.

This afternoon I was at the Dollar Tree buying things like pretzels (for cinnamon pretzels and a white chocolate snack mix); gift basket bags, cookie tray bags, family Christmas cards and much more.  I picked up a couple of puzzles to use in the kits, but still have three more to find.

Had hoped to wrap gifts this afternoon, but it just didn't happen.  I did get out some wrapping paper and tags, so hopefully tomorrow I can begin wrapping!   I hope to do some baking tomorrow also, and need to make a salad for my hubby's Christmas dinner for his work.  Every year his boss's wife prepares a nice homemade dinner for the crew.  It's always a nice time to get together with his work mates and their wives and families.  I volunteered to bring something and a salad was suggested.  It's a new-to-me recipe from a Gooseberry cookbook.  If it goes over well, I will share it here.

I spent a few minutes with my Christmas notebook as well,  updating my online gift orders and so on.  I found a few popcorn wrappers tucked into the notebook so will use those in my puzzle kit gifts.  I'll need to make a few more, though.
Will be picking up a few more gift components/ingredients at Walmart tonight, so all-in-all this has been a productive day for Christmas preparations!


4 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Love the quiet puzzle gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucie! They are fun to put together and I have actually seen kids stop and put the puzzle together right then. I think, though, that their moms also like the idea of a few quiet moments with a puzzle and an easily prepared snack.

      Delete
  2. Your gift baskets are awesome - such a thoughtful array of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I enjoy assembling gift baskets.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!