Friday, January 03, 2014

Quote for the day


This is the inside illustration from one of the cards in my collection of small vintage Christmas cards.
When my granddaughter and I made our simple Christmas card banner , some of the pennants were from the insides of Christmas cards.  We chose them according to how well they would fit our template, of course, but we also chose them according to the message they shared.  We tried to pick ones that were meaningful to us.

It's bitterly cold here in northern New England today.  After a big snowstorm, the sun is shining (albeit rather weakly) but it's C-O-L-D!  So it's no wonder that this particular card's message jumped out at me and begged to be shared:

"Let us have a little warmth
in the midst of winter ...
Let us have a little peace
amid the rush of daily life ...
Let us have a little comfort,
a  little beauty, a little wonder ...
Let us celebrate Christmas."
~ Ellen Brenneman

Isn't that beautiful?  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!