Sunday, July 04, 2021

Red, white and blue Christmas cards for July 4

 

 Yes, it's July 4th, and so in honor of Independence Day I will share a special red, white and blue vintage Christmas card.  This is a very small card -- about 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/4 inches.  It'll probably be listed in my Etsy shop by the time you read this.  

I like the striking simplicity of this card.  The dark blue fir sprigs, sprinkled with a few red berries, adorn the red, white and blue background, and red and white stars are scattered all over it.  I believe this card may be from 1946 or so -- not long after the end of World War ll.

And here's another vintage card with similar colors, from a similar time frame.  The top photo, with the blue-gray background, is the front of the card.

The second, with the red background, is the inside of the card.

This card, too, should hopefully be in my Etsy shop by the time you read this.

Hope you've all had a wonderful Fourth of July!


2 comments:

  1. You have such a nice collection vintage cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July to you. Those Christmas cards are just perfect today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!