Thursday, December 14, 2017

Zesty Potato Soup


Photo from Taste of Home
I tried this recipe sometime last winter and filed it away to share in December, so here it is: Zesty Potato Soup.    I think I originally found the recipe in an early issue of Quick Cooking.  The picture looks so familiar, I think it may even have been on the cover of the magazine.

This soup is very easy to make and takes basic ingredients.  If you don't ordinarily keep chopped green chiles on hand, you will want to buy some for this recipe.  (I do try to keep them on hand, myself.) This is a very warming soup for cold December nights.  Tonight is predicted to be around 0º and it's already down to around 10º -- chilly indeed!  If I didn't already have our supper in the oven, I would be whipping up a batch of this soup.  I hope you enjoy the soup if you try the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I want to make some potato soup this weekend (no onions or garlic though because I have to follow the Low-fodmap diet restrictions). Did you know you can cut your green chives, put them in a Tupperware and keep them in the freezer? I read about that this week. will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of being able to store chives in the freezer like that, Lucie, but have not tried it. It would be handy, for sure!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!