Monday, December 18, 2023

From the December archives, Part 1

 

 Sometimes it's fun to go back and do an archives post.  And I have never done December archive posts. ot seems, although I've done them for other months.  Because I have so many years worth of archives (I started this blog in 2007) I plan to do three archive posts this December, and will do three different ones for my Kitchen Table blog.  Today is the first installment here in my Christmas kitchen.

From December 2007-- Embellished work socks -- these were repurposed from my hubby's work socks and make beautiful decorative stockings to hang.  I also learned that I apparently had tried that Chocolate-Dipped Maple Logs recipe before, since I said in 2007 that I had some in the freezer.  The things we learn from the archives!


In December 2008, I apparently had the goal to post every day, but managed it only ten times.  This was the best and most informative post of the lot: How to make rag garlands.


Just for fun was a simple post from 2009 featuring a very whimsical vintage Christmas card. 

From December 2010 come Recipes to simplify the season -- soups and stews and one bread machine recipe.

Christmas Star dishcloths to crochet is a favorite pattern I posted about in 2011.  I've made loads of these over the years.


Lastly, from 2012, these Glittery paper ornaments were a fun project for me.   I did stars, snowflakes, crescent moons, bells, trees -- and they have held up amazingly well stored in fluctuating attic temperatures over the years.

So there you have it ... part 1 of my Christmas Kitchen archive posts for December!  Hope you find something here you'll enjoy!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!