Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quote for the day


Last night as I was wrapping gifts, I came upon some old gift tags -- not vintage, just old -- that had come from some charity or other.  There were only a couple of them left.  One of them had this quote printed on the back.  I liked it and thought I would share.

"The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing others' loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas."  ~ W.C. Jones

It reminds me that as Christians we are to be brightening others' lives, bearing one another's burdens, easing their loads and reaching out to empty hearts and lives with the love of Christ.  All year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!