Saturday, December 31, 2011

The actual baking list for Christmas 2011


Okay, now it is time for a reality check.  Time to check the tentative baking list against the actual one.  I found that out of the 12 items on my tentative list, we actually made 6 of them.  And then we made 8 items that were not on the tentative list.  So we actually made more treats than planned, just different ones.  As I mentioned earlier, Mr. T did a good bit of the baking and candy making this year.  What a help he was!  As a result, he has informed me that if he ever retires (which is highly unlikely), he would like to spend more time in the kitchen.  Should that ever come to pass, I will not complain!  I love to cook and bake, but I don't mind help one bit.  So here's the list:

ACTUAL BAKING LIST CHRISTMAS 2011

Ashley's Granola Bars
Date-Nut Casserole Cookies
Whipped Shortbread
Eggnog Logs
Sacher Tortes
Heavenly Delight Fudge
White Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
Secret Spice Cookies
Chocolate Spritz
Cookie Dough Truffles
Fruity Pastel Spritz
Cinnamon Pretzels


We still have a few of these goodies left, mostly in the freezer, and will be using them for desserts at our weekly potlucks at church for as long as they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!